Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 gt i am rebuilding the engine with forged internals and 01 heads and intake what would my compression be at if i left the pistons with the flat top which i think they have and what would my compression be if i got dished??? i plan on running 8 or 10lbs of boost later on to this engine but also it will be forged so couldnt it take high compression and high boost?? before the charger what does anyone think it would run with say 17cc pistons and the 01 heads and intake with exhaust and cold air

Im mainly concerned with what pistons i should get to best fit the 01 heads and intake package

Compression numbers for each possibility I could use and any thoughts on what i can do thanx

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
you will need 17cc dished pistons with the PI heads. with the stock pistons, your CR will be ~10.6:1. with the 17cc pistons, you will be at a more boost-friendly 8.9:1. so the choice is simple...even with forged pistons, you will eventually have failure with the CR and boost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.