Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put the off road h-pipe on my 03, but i am concerned about the talk of back pressure loss. Are people that say if you use a off road h you will lose HP full of it? I want the awsome sound, but not at the loss of ponys! Also would 1 chamber flow masters be to much? Should I just stick to 2 chambers? Thanks

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Who are these people? You will lose some back pressure and as a result the car will feel like it has *slightly* less torque at low rpms, but the power in the upper rpms that an O/R pipe brings will make up for it... O/R pipes simply make more power than catted pipes... This is all from personal experience as I have an O/R H on my Cobra... 03s have pretty good torque down low anyways, so I doubt you will miss much... As far as the flowmasters, it really depends on how loud you want the car... 1 chamber's sound nice, but expect everyone to turn heads as you drive by...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome Man!

Thanks for the input! I do agree i had a off road on my 96 cobra and i thought it was awesome, but some guys i now tried to tell me i was losing hp. I figured they were full of SH**! Thanks again later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts