Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have a sticky thread for each "confirmed" Kit manufacturer.

This way kit specifics prices and availablity could be posted and updated?

You could also allow feed back for that company wich would be easily available for a new reader so he can read all postings? I would think that would make it easier to research as well.

Restrictions to prevent false claims or posts could be taken from companies or customers.

If any of you wizards ;) or such would explain what information would be best for the consumer that should be best for them.

I would like to ease the fear most turbo post strike into would be buyers.

Though it wouldn't be perfect I'm sure it would save some from making a bad purchase.

·
4,310 Posts
Carson said:
If any of you wizards ;) or such would explain what information would be best for the consumer that should be best for them.
Find a company that has a large number of customers talking highly of them based on their good experiences. Not a company saying how great they are.

People should just know what to look for and decide upon that, not read what someone else is posting in a sticky as to who they should pick from over any left outs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We will be resuming our stickied post with an outline of companies, and protocols to buying a turbo kit.

Our apology for the downtime.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So could we have a sticky on each company posted with some feedback from there customers??

Should info on all companies to be posted be gathered and finished before any is posted??

The info for a company should be based on facts Dyno ##'s or hard specs or qtr times but definately validated.

Comparisons also should be based on facts not opinion or suggestion of whats better.

I think if there is going to be a rating maybe the wizards could all get together and decide whats the most important to a consumer??

·
4,310 Posts
Carson said:
I think if there is going to be a rating maybe the wizards could all get together and decide whats the most important to a consumer??
That sounds like a big job, I wish to whomever tackles it the best of luck. Part of the problem that makes it so big is it is hard to get complete data for customer feedback, not all the customers are online or ever have been, I can think of one very good example of this. Plus getting feedback from perhaps suppliers to the companies, something that could show nature of business dealings, is also rather hard to get. Then you tackle the weeding out process of who is just friends with who and who is just enemies of who, that can "fluff" the data you get, lots of lies out there which is why I always tell people to talk to a few prior customers to see if things match in their stories. TM.com does have some minor write ups on companies on their site, nothing major though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
snipe656 said:
Then you tackle the weeding out process
ill tackle the 'weed' :evil:

you know whats funny, i was accused by Chip that all i said about PTK in the past was negative blah blah blah. that was on TM.com, and Aaron will back me up on this, i always said their kits were nice. it was all the other crap i was complaining about, installs and the use of 1 3/4" primarys on a street kit that will be used w/ small port heads (good luck getting header gaskets to seal) and misc other stuff. i think im pretty fair in my judgements. sorry for the rant.:eek:

·
4,310 Posts
clement said:
ill tackle the 'weed' :evil:
You are pretty brave, some say being brave is just another form of stupidity though ;)

Actually, yeah you are pretty fair in your judgements of things, most might not clue in to that without talking to you outside of the internet though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
i have been told im as smart as a cinder block :idunno:

i have said time and time again that there is good and bad to all these things. whether its the pros and cons from blower to turbo, or the different comprimises on different turbo kits. there has never been such a thing as a free lunch. some people are just selective readers, or get their little feelings hurt, or want to sell something and get mad when someones unbiased opinion differs from their economic gain. oh well, not my problem.

remember that guy who said turbos didnt use egt to spool up.....
:evil:

·
Registered
862 Posts
snipe656 said:
Dude, pick a better reading color for your text
dude, its not the screen thats making you go blind, its the masterbation.:D

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
so you do masterbate a lot.
dude, its not the screen thats making you go blind, its the masterbation.
I don't put up with this garbage in the Lounge - I'm sure not going to put up with it in a Tech Forum. Please try and control yourself.

Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is the point where I think it would be wise to back off a little.

Seriously, if you dont like the thread anymore, or your mad about something then tell me, but I wouldnt provoke Bob Cosby.

Just like people will say "I dont care if I get removed", some admins will say "I dont care if I remove them."

Just chill out a little.

·
Registered
431 Posts
mustang said:
This is the point where I think it would be wise to back off a little.

Seriously, if you dont like the thread anymore, or your mad about something then tell me, but I wouldnt provoke Bob Cosby.

Just like people will say "I dont care if I get removed", some admins will say "I dont care if I remove them."

Just chill out a little.
Sorry to piss him/you guys off but since this kind of thing has gone on for a LONG LONG time we thought it was part of the corral. Just like when we get false criminnal accusations of blackmail. and no one says anything to put a stop to it! whats up with that ? if you think im making this up or lying by all means ask Snipe or read Turbo Wizards thread in my or Snipes sig. Like i said im not trying to piss anyone off but i do not think its fair to us when others have done alot more wrose things then us joking around!

E :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Blackmail? Huh? I never said anything about blackmail.

But littering my forum with a bunch of nonsense, is not what I would expect from you guys, given the fact that you guys have more experience in turbos then most people put together.

Is this that whole Pro Turbo Kit blackmail issue?

·
Registered
129 Posts
You guys are sharp as tacks with turbos.

Do me a favor, work with me and not against me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.