Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has used any of theese 2 cams im trying to decide , i have decided not to go with a solid roller and im pretty well set onone of theese 2.

xe274hr
xe282hr

the rest of the combo is gona be
trick flow twisted wedge heads milled to 58 and some port work
srs proble domed pistons designed for the twisted wedge heads
11.5-1 compression
ported gt40 lower with cartech upper, 70 mm t body and my 77 mm maf
mac long tubes with 3" x pipe, and 3" pro dumps

im hopeing to hit 330 rw hp and a nice trque curve

my question is which of theese would be better for my combo.

also can i get buy with a tweecer or should i go ahead and get the anderson PMS.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Im using the 282 cam and I like it. From what Ive seen from friends running the 274, they make about them same power.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The 274 is a great cam. Just watch your P/V clearance

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have a comp cam, but its not a xe cam. Both those cams are very nice. Go for it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
LAST302 said:
I have teh xe274 in mine as well. It idles nice, but I think it gives up a good amount of power compared to the xe282.

Here is a little video clip of it at idle:
Lope at idle
One of the recent issues of 5.0 Mustang had a comparo, between 3 of the XE cams, the 266, 274, and the 282 and the cams were pretty well matched. The 274 didn't give up much power to the 282, it just made it at different RPMs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a 274 in mine, but turns out the machine shop installed the wrong springs in my heads, so I fired it up and it went into coil bind, trashed the springs, pushrods etc. No piston damage though. So I pulled it out and put in the TFS Stage 1. This is a great cam also. I am gonna put the 274 back in when I get my new heads this summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts