Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone tried the comp polymer powerbox intake?? did it feel like it was getting the 30hp it claims or what? I like the intake because it is very small and there is more room and looks cleaner.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
IDK...What does that do to the area under the curve though? Sure it says 20hp at 4700rpm, but what happens at 2500?

I guess this thing is somewhat of a mystery to me. Its made for the stock lower intake. It looks like a friggin edelbrock victor which is designed for 4000-8000rpm. Well ya you can hoe the bottom out to some degree, but at some point you're just gonna run out of material to cut out. This isnt even taking into consideration what the heads are flowing...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering if you lose any bottom end power at all with it.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
with a short runner design like that, I dont see how you wouldnt.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
My friend had one on his 351. Its designed like all the other box style short runner uppers. They are meant for high rpm or unaturally asperated motors. You do lose some low end due to the short runners. The only problem with them is they are a polymer and the video that comes with them specifies no boost or nitrous. So unless you have a high reving motor your better off goin with a long runner intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts