Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed bbk offroad x-pipe and borla catback.. great fit and quality, but a little dissatisfied with sound. i have heard a cobra with offroad h and borla and it sounded bad ass.. anyone running a GT with H and Borla? i am wondering if it is the X-pipe or maybe just the borla that i don't like... comments or suggestions please

my question is about the MIL elim's... i have the set off of my 98GT but they wouldn't fit.. the left side would plug in but the right side wouldn't... do they make ones for the 99-03 that are different? i checked with dallas mustang (where i bought them) and it lists for 96-02's under the same part #.... what gives?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have L/T's on mine, so i won't be any help as to the sound....

as far as the MIL's, try shimming the little clip thing off the MIL. mine fit like a dream and mine also said 96-02.. although i have an 02 so maybe they do make different ones, but i dont' beleive so. try cutting the little notch off the MIL and see if it fits that way, that's what i had to do

·
Registered
115 Posts
If all else fails you can just cut off the plugs on the MIL's and splice the wire in between the plugs that are already there on the factory wires, just like you would if you bought MIL's with no plugs.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
As has already been stated, just grind the tab off of the plug side (the connector on the O2 sensor is the plug side.) So you grind the tab off of the O2 sensor plug and the Mil Elim and they will mate fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i noticed that the little tab was the only thing that was keeping it from plugging in.. i will grind it off and that should work. thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts