Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 gtMustang with an 8lb Procharger kit. Directly from Procharger with the kit I received a Diablo chip for my car. Everything worked great until the weather cooled down. Now anytime the outside temp is below 60 when I go to start my car the computer starts clicking odometer reads lines the electric fan kicks on and the theft light flashes. If you pull the chip out and put it back together it will not do it and it will fire right up. As soon as you put the chip back in it will not start. But if you leave the chip in and take a blow dryer to the computer it will eventually start and as long as u keep the computer warm it is fine or if it warms up outside everything will continue to work. 3 people have checked the chip out and say it is fine. Is it the computer that needs replaced or what. I need fast ideas as this is a daily driver and winter is coming on fast. Thank you

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I have a 99 gtMustang with an 8lb Procharger kit. Directly from Procharger with the kit I received a Diablo chip for my car. Everything worked great until the weather cooled down. Now anytime the outside temp is below 60 when I go to start my car the computer starts clicking odometer reads lines the electric fan kicks on and the theft light flashes. If you pull the chip out and put it back together it will not do it and it will fire right up. As soon as you put the chip back in it will not start. But if you leave the chip in and take a blow dryer to the computer it will eventually start and as long as u keep the computer warm it is fine or if it warms up outside everything will continue to work. 3 people have checked the chip out and say it is fine. Is it the computer that needs replaced or what. I need fast ideas as this is a daily driver and winter is coming on fast. Thank you
Just get the car dyno tuned with a flasher instead of the chip.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Did they test the chip Cold? Sounds like a bad chip. Make sure the contacts are clean and tight and apply "stabilant 22" to the contacts and see if that helps. It is available at most parts stores. Ask to speak to the dealer counter if nobody knows what it is.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
that'd be my advice as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts