Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First all has anybody run into the coilover spring coming in contact with the flexible brake hoses (bracket) when the wheels are turned back and forth. The car hasnt been set back on ground yet or has it been aligned if any of these will be a factor.

Second, I will be doing another K member coilover install. Are the Hotchkis brand C/C plates worthy for coilover use? Is anyone running them on coilovers?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Yup, my brake lines hit as well. Simpel fix, I just unbolted the 10mm bolt that held the bracket to the frame rail and moved it rearward. Ford was nice enough to have a bunch of holes there already so I just used one of them a few inches back from the original location. I bent the passenger brake line to fit and I fabbed a new driver's side during my line lock install, but it coudl easily be rebent as well. Simple fix.

As for the Hotchkis plates. Don't know. I used Maximum Motorsports ones on mine. Big, beefy and used a bearing instead of a rubber bushing to support the load.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
hotchkis, mac, bbk and other urethane POS plates will not work with coilovers.

You have to use a metal plate with a metal spherical bearing. MM or J&M plates work best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts