Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Was just wondering if any of you could tell me what springs you have and whether the drop was what was advertised. I hear of people having to cut springs to get the car to sit level or that the drop was more or less than advertised. I'm running 275/40's on the front and 315/35's on the back so I want to make sure I don't go too low and eat my tires up. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Here is my input as we have similar cars.
I now have the Pro-Kit, but I am changing this Thursday for the H&R SuperSports. Pro-Kits are great and handle nicely, but I decided that I wanted more drop to suit my taste. Car has settled .5" after the install, and is down the advertised 1.5".
It all depends on the drop you are looking for. DO not buy a 1.5 and expect a 2.0" drop. Most are fairly accurate as long as they are installed on the correct vehicle.

For example, a Bullit kit on a 99+ vert will drop roughly 1.5" and not the 1" drop they advertise.

I always suggest going with a name you can count on:
My list of respected names in order:
1) H&R
2) Eibach
3) Steeda
4) Saleen (Actually Eibach)
5) Roush (Actually Sprint or so MuscleMustangs suggests)

IMHO, stay away from MAC, Intrax, Suspension Techniques (sp?), or other cheap brands. I also have some issues with the FRPP "C" springs as they sag and loosen up big time...yet there are many satisfied "C" cars on the board here, so to each his/her own.

Finally, do not jump, but actually do the research to get exactly what you want. I did the research, and I am still going to fork out the $$ to change to the H&R.

Also, I highly reccommend you invest in shocks, struts and plates. Springs are just the beginning to a suspension upgrade, and are in no way the end.

Best of luck.
~Darren

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I just want to make sure that I don't end up with a spring that drops more than advertised. A buddy of mine has Steeda Sports on his 94 Cobra and it dropped 2", which is a bit more than it's supposed to. I'm looking for 1.5" at most. Again thanks.

Rob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do it right the first time.

Put in coil over conversion, new struts and shocks, and cc plates.

Then you can adjust to where it works best with your tire combination.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The H&R super sports drop pretty much exactly what they advertise... maybe a touch more.

I think they would be too much for you. If you want, look at my car which I just did.

H&R Before and After pics

I'm surprised you don't like the Steeda springs as they are pretty conservative and don't usually lower the car too much.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have the Intrax so I have to say DON'T get Intrax. I wanted a full 2" drop. It is about a 2" drop, but the ride quality sucks. I did'nt know about H&R. Granted I did'nt change shocks/struts yet. Tokico adjustables will go in when funds permit. Eibach is pretty popular. I'd also suggest a progressive rate over a specific rate spring.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, everyone, for your input. I still don't know what I'm going to do (what's new).

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts