Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd say go with the X2C Motorsports kit, you won't be disapointed. The quality is excellent and it made a huge difference on my old car, even with just the front kit on. I didnt have time to get the rears done becuase I eventually parted it out. Here's my post on them with tons of pics http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141394

My other buddy has been running the, with stock C/C plates since August 02 and still hasnt had any problems.

Let me know if you haveany other questions about the coil overs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i thought that one looked good too, except the seller said it only works with 1.63" O.D. shocks - my tokico's are about 1.91", and the stock ones look about the same.

i haven't checked into the other one yet, but it LOOKS just like a granatelli kit...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how is the ride?

I am looking to get the street ones rated at 300lbs in the front. how is the ride? rough, smooth? i have MM CC plates going in with them. i am getting two sets one for a 95 convertible gt and one for a 93lx, X2c doesnt have complete kits right now, muscle motorsport told me theirs are granateli.
Arent they pretty much the same?
are they easy to adjust? any tools necesary?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the x2c motorsports coil over kit (front and rear) with the street springs on my car. The ride is firm, but it is bearable. The rear kit only works with 1.6'' diameter shocks. I'm running koni reds all the way around. I had to modify the rear shocks a bit for it to work. It was pretty straightforward to install.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
They are all made by the same company.

Jds performance, Muscle Motors, ect.. they just look a little different.

I have the Jds Performance on the rear and front of mine.

Ian

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had the drag springs on the front, which were firm yet very comfortable. I had adjustable Tokicos all around and no sway bar up front, handled very well despite lack of sway bar.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hmmm...

Looks like I need to get a set of coil overs for the front of mine also. Ive been tempted to buy some but I wasnt sure which ones to get.

My plans were to get the griggs front kit with Koni yellow struts and a 300-350# spring.

Sounds awfuly tempting.....:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts