Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the book it states, "upstream pressure hose connection fault". Would not running the car with a t-stat(cooling issues) be the cause? I've had the car down working on it for a couple weeks. On the clock so far I've driven her about 100 miles or more. I reset it this afternoon and could'nt get it to trip again.Thanks, R.

·
Registered
642 Posts
HE50 DTC P1405: INSPECT UPSTREAM PRESSURE HOSE CONNECTIONS

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1405 indicates that Continuous Memory Self-Test has detected the exhaust manifold side (upstream) differential pressure feedback EGR (D.P.F. EGR) sensor pressure hose is off or plugged.

Possible causes:

-- Upstream pressure hose off.

-- Upstream pressure hose plugged.

-- Plugged or damaged pressure pickup tubes.

l Key off.

l Inspect upstream hose at D.P.F. EGR sensor and orifice tube assembly for disconnect or poor connection.

·
Registered
413 Posts
For the uninformed the DPFE is the silver box with two vac lines running to the EGR tube. Inspect those two lines.

If the code doesn't come back, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I checked the DPFE just now and they are both hooked up. I put 01 heads and Longtubes on the car, would this be causing it? Maybe because of the better flow and increased temperature? Maybe it was going bad and this sped up the process? I've got everything hooked up. Any ideas? R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts