Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1998 GT has code P0443 purge control solenoid. I replaced it and the gas cap but still get the code back on after driving a while.

I had the fuel pump replaced this spring. Could there be a line loose or something at the tank?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
That is nasty.
I'm getting the same code and just ordered the solenoid. There is also a flow sensor. Maybe if that is malfunctioning, it could create the same code? Not sure. Any chance wiring is messed up or the solenoid wires are not seated well?
Erich

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
did you replace the solenoid wth a oem Ford part or some aftermarket one? and as Erich stated, that's only one of the 2 parts that need's tobe replaced, you'll also need the Thermistor or Flow Sensor part # F57Z-14A606-BA

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Hey Randy-picked up the parts this morning-Thanks!
Put in the purge valve and flow thing and reset the cel. We shall see. My originals only have 327K on them. The hose going back towards the canister looks a little gnarley.
Tommorrow-on to powersteering leaks.
Erich

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I guess I should follow up too. Replaced both and no more code and it has been several thousand miles.
Erich

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Randy-next thing may be a front wheel bearing. I feel some play when I shake the wheel and sometimes I hear some clunk. Gotta look deeper tho.
Erich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.