Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 gt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 gt, I had codes for ECT ACT and TPS. After tracking down cut wires, I reattached the new pigtail for the ECT, replaced the ACT sensor and tested to see if the TPS(122) would go away because the gry/rd wire was cut at the ECT. Code was still present, replaced the TPS. Found no voltage at anything to the TPS harness. Again, tracked down and where the EGR??? sensor was, the common 5v and gry/red were cut. I connected the brn/wht again, now I have 5v to the TPS. New problem, 121. What do I do with 121? TPS at idle is set at .95, has 5v ref. Code will not go away. Does the left over gry/red at EGR need to be attached to anything? Car falls flat on its face when I shift to second WOT. I did turn the FPR down from 55 to 38 and it kind of helped but still runs like ****.

All codes pulled today.
O
C
R

Smog pump and egr are not around.

·
Registered
25,623 Posts
type out the description of 121, in fact type out all of them i am not going to look them up

And, why are you adjusting fuel pressure?

are you logging commanded fueling and trying to squeeze every drop from a small injector?

·
Registered
95 gt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
121 - Closed throttle TPS voltage higher or lower than expected (O,R), TP sensor was inconsistent with the MAF/MAP value in the last 80 drive cyc

I will go get the code definitions in just a few. I only adjusted the fuel pressure bc it was extremely high.

Back story, I got this car and motor but the motor was not installed, had just been rebuilt, so I was basically starting from scratch and have never seen the car run, and was going back with all the same **** that came with the car. Now that it's together I am trying to make it run half decent.

What I can see on this car.
Performer heads
Typhoon upper/lower intake and spacer
C&L CAI
C&L 76mm MAF
BBK TB
Unknown cam
24lb injectors
Long tube headers and dumps.

Other non related items, new rear end and axles and it is lowered.

·
Registered
95 gt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
327 - DPFE or EVP circuit below minimum voltage of 0.2 volts

412 - Cannot control rpm during KOER high RPM check

311 - Thermactor air system inoperative (right side)
314 - Thermactor air system inoperative (left side)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
When you checked tps output voltage did you check both at the ECU and the tps? It's possible the signal isn't making it to the ecu. Did you reset the computer after replacing the tps?

Reactions: HYBRED

·
Registered
25,623 Posts
121 - Closed throttle TPS voltage higher or lower than expected (O,R), TP sensor was inconsistent with the MAF/MAP value in the last 80 drive cyc

I will go get the code definitions in just a few. I only adjusted the fuel pressure bc it was extremely high.

Back story, I got this car and motor but the motor was not installed, had just been rebuilt, so I was basically starting from scratch and have never seen the car run, and was going back with all the same **** that came with the car. Now that it's together I am trying to make it run half decent.

What I can see on this car.
Performer heads
Typhoon upper/lower intake and spacer
C&L CAI
C&L 76mm MAF
BBK TB
Unknown cam
24lb injectors
Long tube headers and dumps.

Other non related items, new rear end and axles and it is lowered.
Since this is a new build, you should consider to use stock

TB
Maf and induction
Injectors

this will remove the variables that those pieces can introduce, especially if you are NOT recalibrating the ECM for these pieces.

Also verify the plug wires are installed for correct firing order and you have correct 10 deg base timing

·
Registered
735 Posts
Pull out the passenger side inner plastic fender liner/splash guard and inspect the thermactors check the wiring and the vacuum lines going to them they are pretty much hidden until you taken out the plastic liner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts