Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the Self-Test jumper trick, and it brought up a code 33 in both engine off and engine on modes.

Code 33 reads in my Haynes manual "EGR valve opening not detected".

I ran the car until "normal" operating temperatures were reached (even idled it at 2K RPM for 2 minutes).

I do have a 180 degree thermostat, and my car usually (especially now that it's cold out) doesn't get much above the N in NORMAL.

Could the thermostat be giving me this code, or is it likely something else? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
IJ

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, took it for a hard drive and re-ran all the tests:

KOEO = 33

Continuous Memory Code = 33

KOER = 11 (good)

Cylinder Balance Test = 90 (good)

BTW: This is awesome! :) The testing went really easy, although a little different than the write-up in the tech articles. That write-up could use some editing, it's confusing. EX: it describes the KEOR twice in a row (slightly differently), and (for my car anyways) the cylinder balance test hovered from 1,600-1,700 RPM instead of the 1,000 RPM described. It also doesn't say where the self-test harness is! Also, using a paperclip is alot easier than fabricating some wire and crimping connectors on.

Anyone?

IJ

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
"EGR valve opening not detected".

More than likely, the EGR valve position sensor is bad. That's the plastic thing bolted to the actual EGR valve, that has a small harness plugged into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts