Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I haven't driven my cobra in a month, and this morning I go out to take for a drive, since I have off today. I get in to start it up and I get one click everytime I turn the key. So I look under the hood and I can see that the battery is dead, so I go out and buy a new battery and install it and I'm still getting the same click. I did give it a push and it did start but now it doesn't even do that. I'm starting to think that it is the starter or I have a bad ground somewhere. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terminals are very clean, I checked the appropriate fuses in the power distribution box and they were fine. I'm leaning on the starter. Kind of wierd I only got 6500 miles on the car.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Sounds like the starter, that is odd though with only that many miles...

·
Registered
936 Posts
This was a common malady on the 99s when first out. It involves tightening the ground cable under the car on the starter side. I am not sure if it is on the block or the frame.
good luck,

·
Registered
960 Posts
PowerCobra98

You going to the FOrd day at IVY Tech this weekend?

·
Registered
969 Posts
missouri_guy1973 beat me to the response.....try his suggestion before you spend any more money.......it solved his problem a month ago.....and the same for me....
Bad engine ground is a common problem on Cobras.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I got it started, and it starts up everytime now. I followed everyone's advice about the bad engine ground and it worked. I got underneath to look at the ground to the engine and it looked good. I'm wondering now if all I had to do was tap the positive side to the negative and reset the computer. Anyway all your help was greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
Chris Doss said:
PowerCobra98

You going to the FOrd day at IVY Tech this weekend?
Yep, I'll be there. I'll be parking cars as they come in probably. My car will be with the other Host cars. I think we're parking ours up front by the tent but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Do yourself a favor.....even though it looks good, get a new heavy gauge cable and fasten it to the block and the other end to the frame.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts