Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know of a stock 94-95 Cobra upper intake and stock throttle body I may be able to get my hands on. My questions are: What type of gains could I expect with just the upper? and would the swap be worth it for my car? Lastly, what is this setup worth?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I have been informed that I need a cobra lower to make this work. For those of you that have the Cobra upper & lower on their GTs, what types of gains did you see?

Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
You can't just swap the upper onto your stock GT lower. The ports aren't shapped the same where the Cobra upper would meet the GT lower. If you can get both the Cobra upper AND lower, it would be worth while to do the swap. The complete Cobra intake should be worth around $300 if it is in good shape. But, they can be found for less than that if you are willing to hunt and haggle.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads-up on the lower, War Horse. I've seen uppers & lowers for around that price. What kind of gains could I expect for the matched set?

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
I put a Cobra upper and lower with a 75mm MAF and a FRPP 65mm TB on my stock heads/cam/shortblock '92 and picked up over 3 tenths and almost 4 mph in the 1/4. Don't listen to people who say there isn't any gain to be had with the stock heads in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts