Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a little problem with my 01 Cobra, wondering if anyone had heard of this before. I ordered some parts for my car, specifically rear brake rotors and I kept getting the wrong rotors, after doing some investigation the parts supplier tells me that my Cobra is a Saleen conversion and the rear brakes are Saleen brakes (I don't know what else might be). The VIN # and everything else checks out as a Cobra with nothing unusual that I can find. Has anyone heard of this before?

·
Registered
644 Posts
umm? saleen doesnt do rear brake kits, only the fronts. Why you'd continually get the wrong rear rotors is beyond me? Are you ordering the cobra rear rotors, b/c i know they are larger then GT motors. Saleen also stamps their name on everything to touch, so if you dont have a huge "saleen" logo in yellow on your brakes, they arent saleens. If they are blank, you can bet they are stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, ordered the Cobra rotors twice and got the same rotors both times, but they are not the type that are on the car.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
252 Posts
Now this is a new one. Something does not sound correct.

·
Registered
644 Posts
buy from somewhere else, thats all i can say. You would be able to tell if u had aftermarket brakes in the back or front for tha tmatter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts