Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install a cobra intake on '87 without changing speed density stuff or throttle body?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
yes

·
Registered
235 Posts
yes again :D You may want to wait and get one at a good deal and do several things at once. (will save you on gaskets and other small things that add up.) That is basically what I amdoing, unintentionally, but i am. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
yes...

But then again, mine has been sitting in my room for the last 6 months so what do i know? :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sounds about like me. I have had mine in my bedroom for 5 months :D I already bought a new engine now, a new tranny, LT's, and many other parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got the '87 replacing my daily driver. I like to put in the cobra intake in it to see what it does. I just didn't want to spend extra money buying mass air stuff. Eventually, I want to put it in a '89 GT, I've done put together almost from scratch ('90 lx rear totalled and a '89 GT really gutted). I have shorty headers, flowmasters, and underdrive pulleys on her, but haven't got her running yet. I finally got the time to put in the fuel lines in, still figuring out wiring harness, vaccuum hoses, and smog pump. Learning as I go. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts