Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a cobra intake on my 93. There is a port on the egr portion of the intake. What hooks up here?
Also where do the lines (coolant) that used to hook up to the egr spacer now go? Do they get blocked off? If so how did you block yours off? My intake had no install instructions with it. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
With 480 posts on here you should know how to do a search. Give it a shot. Not trying to be a **** but there must be 100 posts about it.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do know how to do a search.:)
I will try that and see what I come up with. I was hoping someone would just tell me how they did theirs.
I am not trying to be an ******* here either but if you had time to reply about doing a search, then why not try to answer my question?:eek:
:lol:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I was going to say the same thing about having time to reply. I'm not sure about your problem, but I think some folks in here should lighten up a bit...

Not everybody that has the advantage of using this forum is an expert mechanic, or has the time to look through posts from 5 months ago. If we were all mechanics, no one would need this site, eh?

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
I kinda agree. I always do a search before i post but sometimes the old posts don't answer my question or i want to refresh the topic for new people who may also have the same question or new people who have just joined who know the answer. Some people get annoyed by seeing the same question posted...but in my eyes, it gives a lot of other people a chance to add their input also.

Anyway, here's my input. Th EGR coolant lines get blocker off. You don't need them so do what you need to block them off. A friend of mine just ran a piece of tubing between the two lines to complete the loop...but i will trace them back to thewir source and cut them short and block them. The port on thbe front of the EGR actually has nothing to do with the EGR. The line thyat used to run to the front of the intake under the plenum goes here. It is relocated to the neck instead of tucking under.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Someone sort of answered the question. The line from the fuel vapor purge canister attaches to the port located on the forward side of the inlet neck. This line normally attaches underneath the front of the factory plenum.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to EVERYONE for your help. I appreciate the efforts put forth.>>>>>:D <<<<<<

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Blue88Notch said:
Someone sort of answered the question. The line from the fuel vapor purge canister attaches to the port located on the forward side of the inlet neck. This line normally attaches underneath the front of the factory plenum.
Yep, that's how I did mine. The hose that runs to the front of the car (canister) is where I hooked up the vacumm port your referring to.

The coolant lines: I cut them and put bolts in the hoses and hose clamps on each of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts