Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had some COBRA brakes installed on my 95 GT. When I first picked the car up the brakes made an occasional high pitch sqeal/scrape when I was driving. If I applied the brakes the sound went away. It also tended to make the noise if I was cornering. We double checked for any rubbing but nothing was found. The idea was that the sound would go away once the brakes bedded. I did a couple of 60-30 runs letting them cool in between. This seemed to help, but tonight the brakes have gotten really noisy. What was once an occasional scrape is now constant. Almost sounds like a bad water pump noise. They don't seem to get super hot like a frozen caliper. It almost sounds like the pad is not retracting all the way. The outer pad is clearly off of the rotor. I can't see the inside pad without getting it up on a lift or something. Do you think the system needs to be bleed again? Has anyone else had this problem? Needless to say I'll be visiting the shop that installed them tomorrow. This may sound silly but could my rotors be too thick? They are not OEM Ford they are BREMBO that I bought from brake warehouse. The are cross drilled and slotted.

Help... this sucks

Bruce

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I understand what pins or eclips you are talking about.. I installed a complete Bullit caliper

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
He means the pin and clip which retain the caliper to the bracket (which mounts on the spindle)

The pin is maybe 4in long, the clip is on the wheel side.

Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts