Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25,635 Posts
I do apologize ahead of time, as I have read A TON of posts regarding the AOD to t5 swap and in particular bypassing the Neutral safety switch and clutch safety switch in general. But I have not found a SOLID answer to my question, reading all of these threads is driving me crazy!
Car is an 88lx original 4cyl AOD. I have a 306 mexican block with a c4 which I am in the process of swapping in the t5. The manual pedal assembly is in and I located the 2 connectors that go on the left side of the pedal assembly for the clutch safety switch. The black connector already has a jumper wire in it (Pretty sure this is stock on the AOD cars). Should I just plug both connectors into the pedal assembly and call it a day? I know there is also another small grey connector floating around by the kick panel that some guys have yanked the jumper out as well (not sure if this is part of it) In regards to the NSS, my t5 is from a 94-95 which has no NSS (or NGS) ontop of the case. I bought the car with the c4 setup and the reverse lights never worked (if that’s part of it). I would just like to have it as stock as possible (while still using the AOD harness). I want to crank the car with my foot on the clutch, not the normal NSS bypass in which it can be started in any gear. Is there anyway to do this (and wire the reverse lights) and not get the 67 engine code with the idle surging problems that i’ve read about? Or do I not need to worry about that NGS considering my trans does not have it? Thanks in advance! I have attached a photo of the 2 connectors that plug into the CSS (took from google). Again, the black connector was already jumpered. View attachment 1072000 View attachment 1072000

I suggest if you do any type of electrical changing you use wiring diagrams, and dont guess, and dont rely on interwebs

smoke only comes out, never goes back

· Registered
25,635 Posts
has the VSS circuit been addressed?

also, PIN 46.

lets be clear, THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE VOLTAGE ON IT, its the sig rtn, and must complete the circuits

You must ensure that voltage is AFTER a load, and NOT battery voltage

1 - 3 of 3 Posts