Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I powershift or when my foot catches the back of my clutch pedal, the pedal pops out of adjustment and just dangles. The clutch wont engage when i fully press it until I get under the dash, push up on the hook on the quadrant and pull the pedal out until it clicks and is tight again. This is not really a problem for me because I can avoid it and not let it happen but when anybody and I mean anybody, drives my car, it pops out and then they cant shift. Is this a quadrant problem or something else? Has anyone ever had this problem before? thanks for any ideas!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had this exact problem about 2.5 years ago when I first put my car together. I was (still am) using the Ford Racing HD clutch set, which, because of the pressure plate design requires quite a bit of pressure to opperate. The pressure was too much for the stock quadrant to handle and would come out of adjustment like yours when I banged gears or snagged my foot on the back of the pedal.

The only good cure for this is to upgrade to an aluminum quadrant and firewall adjuster like the one made by Fortes. They are less than $60, I believe, and use the factory cable.

I am using a BBK aluminum quadrant and adjustable cable and my opinion is its a so-so part. Just 2 months ago I had to replace my cable because it broke - $75.00 :eek: I also installed a new clutch 2 days ago and am already at the end of the cables adjustment - tho that may not be the cables fault. I have installed the Fortes kit on another car and have a friend that uses the Fortes and it's a much better design - less expensive too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts