Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sounds like the cable is improperly adjusted, or the pressure plate is not releasing completely for whatever reason. The fact that the clutch is not completley disengaged is demonstrated by the fact that it's difficult to get the car in gear when it's running and the clutch is depressed.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It's very difficult for me to say. You might scrunch yourself up and crawl under the dash and check the stock quadrant - kind of work it around, get familiar with how it operates and adjusts, and then you should be able to tell if it's at the end of its adjustment.

Doesn't surprise me - if you have a stiffer clutch and the stock quad, the cable can be stretched (don't overlook that), or the thing may have adjusted all it can...Have you tried to manually adjust it? Or pulling up on the pedal?

You also could have a defective finger on the pressure plate that's causing the thing to fail to disengage when the pedal is pressed. But basically, if you're depressing the clutch to the floor, and it's hard to get in gear when running, but not when the engine is stopped - that says that definitely your clutch is not fully disengaging when you press the pedal.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Wow, yeah I guess it could be the release bearing. More often than not, they just start making lots of noise and are a nusiance.

don't really know what to tell you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.