Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was fine when i had the centerforc but it blew after like 1000 miles so i got a king cobra disc along with a bbk adj cable and quadrant now its horribal why is it so stiff i have checked the cable it free and moves smooth i think it might be the pressure plate

·
Registered
63 Posts
Double check your clutch quadrant to make sure it isn't binding. I had a similar problem with an 89 GT I owned years ago and after changing clutches twice I changed the clutch quadrant and it freed it up like new. Just a thought. Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
how do i lube my clutch cable?

I have a king cobra clutch, and its become very stiff. Im not sure if my friend who installed it lubed the cable at all. its been almost 3 years since install. it is so stiff that most people cant even start my car.
so how do i lube the cable and with what? where are places it could bind? quadrant/firewall/etc? what do i look for? i dont know much about clutches.

thanks
Ben

·
Registered
248 Posts
what did you use to lube the cable? Mine is squeaking when I push the clutch in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.