Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a TKO setup and a McLeod scattershield. I was at FFW Norwalk and a vendor told me I need a 1" longer clutch fork for use with a McLeod or Lakewood bell. Is this true? The one that they were selling looked like they just cut and welded a stock one to make it longer. I will just do that myself if that's all it is. I was planning on running a stock fork.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I was told that too. I'm running the stock 93 clutch fork w/ McCleod bellhousing.

The '94-'95 clutchfork/arm deal is 1" longer, costs like $35 at the Ford dealer.

I am having some clutch adjustment issues, and I think the extra 1" of travel would help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
im running a stock fork. pushes the rod at the end of the cable into the side of the bellhousing. wish i had gotten a longer one.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've got the mcleod bellhousing and the extended fork and it works great. The longer fork makes everything line up better so you dont pull the clutch fork at the wrong angle.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
It is suggested to run the Extended fork with the Mcleod or Lakewood Bell. The diameter of the Bell is larger and therefore the cable geometry suffers. The extended fork is designed to straighten out the geometry.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I will just cut and weld my stock one 1" longer. Easy fix.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I also have a tremec 3550 with the McLeod Scattershield. You guys suggest getting a clutch fork for a 94-95 Mustang? I am currently running the stock fork and was unaware that a longer one should be used. Just want to make sure the '95 one will work before I go and get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts