Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I need some help here. I need a new clutch disk for my car with the TKO going in. It has a 26 spline shaft which is different from stock. The centerforce disk as worked great for me over the last year and have no complaints about it. I've also been recommend to go with the Mcleod disk as well. Any suggestions as to going with one over the other.

Also can anyone recommend a place I can order the disk only? I've called a few and they refuse to sell me the disk only saying that I have to use the matching pressure plate . I've been using the mix matched combos in cars for years and refuse to deal with shops that tell me what I "have" to do. I need to make a decision soon and get the clutch here by mid next week.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I have been using the Mc Leod Dual Performance Friction Disk on my car and I like it a lot... I am using a Blueprinted King Cobra Pressure Plate with the Mc Leod disk and it works perfectly...

You can order the Disk seperately from Pro Motion Performance Products, Inc.
4766 N.E. 12 Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33334
Tele: 1-954-771-5575 or 1-954-295-1401
They do have a Toll Free Number but I don't remember it... and it's not printed on their cards.... You may want to ask them for the Toll Free Number when you call.
They can order you any Friction Disk you want and wont pressure you to buy the entire clutch kit..... They also have Heavy Duty TO Bearings and Roller Pilot bearings in case you are in need of some.

Talk to Walt or June Leaman....

Hope that helps...

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts