Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KING COBRA and CenterForce disk! Have you experienced failures with these disks? I would like to hear from you on this? We are starting to see a few failures with the material breaking off the disk before and after installing new ones. Peter/NUXX is one that can vouch for this problem. I want to learn what the problems are so please post your experiences. I mainly want to hear about failures, not who has the best etc... THX:confused:

·
Registered
125 Posts

Gotta love it...
-Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peter. This is a good picture for people to look at.

·
Registered
125 Posts
No problem...
The King Cobra with the Centerforce II PP is holding up pretty well, except for a bit of play in the clutch pedal. The Steeda adjustable kit came today, so that should fix that. If that fails I'll go to a SPEC stage 3 I guess...

More worried about the oil problem right now.
-Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peter,

There is a seal in the SC you have that can go bad, oil leaking from it is possible but more so under boost. This may be the problem? We had to send a unit back for service because of this.

-PR

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry to get off topic... but how long does it take and how much does Vortech normally charge for this repair?

-Peter

BTW:: I hate having one car... but it's ok when your friends drive nicer cars than you. :) Nice getting dropped off in a Z06 or Heads/Cam C5.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Stock clutch, 11k miles, 15 minutes of hard driving on a road course!

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts