Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to get a new cable very soon as I think mine is about to break (increased effort, and had to adjust a lot lately). My current setup is an adjustable cable, firewall adjuster, and billet quadrent. I know that a lot of people say you should not get adjustable cables and stick with the Ford non adjustable cable. Would there be a problem with going with the stock cable with my current setup? (And not have to goto a 3 hook quadrent) If that would be ok, is this the right cable for the job?

http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GRPP&Product_Code=M7553A302&Category_Code=FTRANS

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I just posted a reply to another similar thread further up, but I don't feel like looking up the link!

Stay with the OEM Ford cable and it will work fine with the firewall adjuster. All the other cables are crap and will break in a short time - I have tried them all.

You can get the OEM cable through the FRPP kit (M-7553-A302) that also includes a new fork for anywhere from $45-$65. You can also get just the cable for $30 from D&D, or, if you are in to wasting lots of cash, you can have your local dealer order E4ZZ-7K553-A for about $170!! In any case, they are all the same cable!

Also, the "new" OEM cables are made in Taiwan and are just as good if not better than the previous cables that were made in Canada (the ones with the purple tape band near the firewall). Lots of people seem to think the "Taiwan" stamp signifies a bad product, but they are great cables!

·
Registered
88 Posts
jrgoffin said:
Stay with the OEM Ford cable and it will work fine with the firewall adjuster...You can get the OEM cable through the FRPP kit (M-7553-A302) that also includes a new fork for anywhere from $45-$65.
woohoo!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to post a new thread but this one has already answered one of my questions. I just purchased what I thought was a Motorsport adjustale clutch quadrant. Then I saw that it was made in Taiwan - this fact has already been addressed. However, the quadrant itself is stamped with "downs," the name of the dealer which I purchased it from in Toms River NJ. Is this a Motorsport part or did the dealer just make up their own part and pass it off as a Ford part? Sorry Chappy for asking a seperate question in your thread, but I hope it will help us both.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Downs could have just had it stamped it on or replaced the "FRPP" quadrant with their own, it is hard to say. Either way, it is probably the same piece that lots of other companies are making, so I wouldn't worry! I've purchased from Downs before and never had any quality issues!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts