Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess i'm the only one with a 4 banger these days. Haha.

Anyway. So my convertible was a v8 and i recently pulled the motor to put in my 4 cyl coupe. I decided to throw the 4 cylinder in the vert for the time being until i find a nice cheap wrecked 5.0.

The quadrant was replaced a while back in the vert I wanna say steeda and when i went to connect the 4 cylinder clutch cable the pedal was able to go to the floor. I had a firewall adjuster laying around so i was able to tightened the cable and the pedal feels good. I haven't pulled it out of the garage just yet but would like to see if anyone knows if me having the quadrant replaced effected the tightness of the clutch.

In other words was there a different quadrant for 2.3 cables compared to 5.0's? As long as the clutch engages i don't give a crap but i'm wondering if i placed a bandaid on the problem and will have clutch issues soon.

TIA

·
Registered
903 Posts
I just replaced the quandrant on a 2.3 SVO. I used a MM unit and firewall adjuster. From my research there appears to be no differences but I would ask Jack at MM to be certain. There are differences in cables.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just replaced the quandrant on a 2.3 SVO. I used a MM unit and firewall adjuster. From my research there appears to be no differences but I would ask Jack at MM to be certain. There are differences in cables.
Yeah thats what i thought. I just can't understand why there was so much slack using a 2.3 cable on it now. unless the cable is stretched out. I"m just trying to get the car drivable basically around the block or allowing my wife to drive it (never has learned to drive stick). It will probably be a v8 as soon as i find a wrecked 5.0. LOL. Im already stocking up on pieces like my gt exhaust. another 93 harness, etc etc

·
Registered
903 Posts
Some of the kits come with a spacer that is placed at the end of the cable which takes up an 1/2 inch or so. Check out the instructions at Maximum Motorsports for the Quandrant / firewall adjuster. It will show a picture of the spacer and advise when it should be used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts