Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a new clutch in my 1993 5.0. It has TFS Track Heat heads and the basic bolt ons. (No NOS or SC). What is a good, reputable clutch for this? Also any mini starter recommendations? Thanks Jmags

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
If you drive it day to day. Centerforce Dual Friction. The clutch will cost around $300, but when you do wear down the disk, you can simply replace the disk (for $99) at least 3 or 4 times. I've seen friends do it. A new throw out bearing will cost you under $40. And depending on your miles I recommend you replace the pilot bearing.... it's good insurance.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I have heard a lot of good things about Centerforce clutches.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I bought my mini hi-torque starter off of ebay for like 60-80 bux and it works GREAT...Centerforce or Spec I.

-Smoke

·
Registered
112 Posts
Couldn't be happier with my Spec clutch, haven't had any problems and the feel is great. Far as the mini-starter, when I replaced mine I just went with the one straight from FMS which also comes with a new wiring harness.

--Troy

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Smokedawg said:
I bought my mini hi-torque starter off of ebay for like 60-80 bux and it works GREAT...Centerforce or Spec I.

-Smoke

I agree 100%, my mini is from ebay and has been completely problem free :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mini starter

I did the ebay thing, and everything has gone smooth. Thanks for the advice. The parts review on the "stang net" has a lot of good things to say about Centerforce. I will keep shopping aropund and asking. Thanks again for the ebay idea. I bought my heads off ebay and did not even think about looking for a starter there. My bad.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much did you get it for?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts