Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
This just started recently, only when I turn left, I will hear a "clunkety clunk clunk" sound from the area of the right rear wheel. Not really loud or anything, just consistently there.

I checked the lug nuts, they are all tight. I thought it might be the spare tire or jack moving around, but I secured that stuff real well and I'm still hearing the noise.

Perhaps it is something to do with the suspension or rear-end? When I get a minute I'm gonna pull the rr wheel off and check to see if the quad shock is loose or if I can see any obvious loose stuff there.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts that would be great.

Thanks-
Justin

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I did do some exhaust work about two weeks ago. Everything should be good and tight but I'll double check that. That could very well be the culprit.

Any other thoughts?

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
crawl under there and start wiggling stuff, something is loose

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris-86GT5.0 said:
Could be a U-Joint as well...
Hopefully not, I just put on new U joints about 6 months ago, but I'll have a look.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Check the rear sway bar bushings.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
your exhaust might be tight but it still moves, I would make sure it's not rubbing. check yrou u joints and check yoru rear sway bar bushings as noted above.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
rear sway bar bushings ?!? the rear sway bar bolts directly to the lower control arms, no bushings.
do you mean upper and lower control arm bushings?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
HYBRED said:
rear sway bar bushings ?!? the rear sway bar bolts directly to the lower control arms, no bushings.
do you mean upper and lower control arm bushings?
Yeah, he probably did mean to check the upper & lower control arm bushings. also, take a close look at the exhaust pipe just before the muffler on the right side. There is a brake line\fuel return line mounting bracket that my exhaust was rattling on for quite an aggravatingly long time till i discovered the little interference problem...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
look at the upper/lower arm bolts. i've broken a few in the past.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure to check everything out. It's probably something simple like it usually is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts