Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Had a clogged fuel injector, took it out, cleaned it, put it back in another cylinder, ran great for a while, but now went bad.

- PLus the original cylinder fuel injector went bad too.

- Now 2 cylinders r down(not running) pulled the coil of and no difference in engine idel on both of these cylinders.

HELP? COMPUTER? SENSOR?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Evolution said:
- Had a clogged fuel injector, took it out, cleaned it, put it back in another cylinder, ran great for a while, but now went bad.

- PLus the original cylinder fuel injector went bad too.

- Now 2 cylinders r down(not running) pulled the coil of and no difference in engine idel on both of these cylinders.

HELP? COMPUTER? SENSOR?
Never heard of a clogged injector on a new stang .

IF you have two dead cylinders its possible you sprayed to much and killed them.Id runa compression test first to see if the pressures are correct.Im willing to bet the cylinders are low and died.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
- WHITE 99GT your the man, that was my original theory.

- Got too much advice and input from others, hence the thread.

- I ordered accel fuel injectors from JEGS last thursday[8 pack for $220] 19 pound injectors

- Curious as to upgrading to like 30 pounds and steeda dual puel pump, but i really hate r computers, but i would like to go with this so i can go a 150 shot!!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Evolution said:
- WHITE 99GT your the man, that was my original theory.

- Got too much advice and input from others, hence the thread.

- I ordered accel fuel injectors from JEGS last thursday[8 pack for $220] 19 pound injectors

- Curious as to upgrading to like 30 pounds and steeda dual puel pump, but i really hate r computers, but i would like to go with this so i can go a 150 shot!!
The 30's will work but you are gonna need a tune for them to work properly.30's in mine supported 463rwhp.

Why did you replace the stockers?You can find them cheap on the net instead of buying new.

Steeda pumps are nice but for just a litte more you can get the 03 fuel setup and have a nicer setup.

Watch out to much fuel in the plastic intake will make for a nice explosion.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
- Hey they were free, so why not =D

- Just to make me feel better 19pounders are good for 400HP? which i estimate i am pushing with the juice.

- And hey, if something breaks, i just buy a better part, lol, but i rather not run lean!!!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Evolution said:
- Hey they were free, so why not =D

- Just to make me feel better 19pounders are good for 400HP? which i estimate i am pushing with the juice.

- And hey, if something breaks, i just buy a better part, lol, but i rather not run lean!!!
19's arent good for much over 300rwhp any more than that you will be pushing it.

Based on the info you gave me ,you maybe doing just that upgrading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts