Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2004 GT has air bag light, non-working horn and non-working cruise control. All signs point to bad clock spring. When I check all 5 wires from behind the airbag to the connectors behind the kick panel, there is continuity. Is it possible that there's intermittent continuity? I don't want to replace the clock spring if there could be another less obvious problem.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tested continuity through the clock spring. From the connectors behind the air bag to the connectors behind the lower kick panel by your feet. Clearly continuity through clockspring. Can’t read anything but engine codes right now but have a new scanner coming.

· Registered
394 Posts
I’m pretty sure that even on the new edge cars the airbag light will flash the code. Count the numbers of flashes and that’s the code or codes. Which wires did you probe and how? All signs point to the clock spring.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll check for flash codes. Checked continuity and everything checks out so I’m not going throw parts at it. Was hoping there was some other test that needed to be done. Continuity is electrical 101 so I’m good there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts