Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is this to install? Does the dash have to be removed for this? I am debating to put my boost & fuel pressure gauges there instead of the a piller.

David

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depends on which type your installing, the Autometer has a nice mounting bracket which you don't have to remove dash. I got the Saleen type which is covered in the same material the dash is made of and you must remove the instrument cluster and drill one hole in dash. I however did not drill or remove cluster, I made the same type braket that Autometer uses and installed it in a few moments. Check out the Autometer site and you can download instruction for the Clock Pod install.

Tim
95 Vortech GT

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought the clock pod, then decided to run them on the pillar. I guess it came down to the fact that I wanted a clock in my car and the Autometer gage pod texture did not match the dash very well. If you are going to run the clock pod, I recommend spending the $$ and get the Saleen as was mentioned in the previos reply.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
I too recommend on getting the Saleen one too. I used to have the crappy 25 dollar autometer one. Then I bought the Saleen one for 45 bux and it matches the interior well. It also bolts down. You have to drill a third hole though(for the rear).

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I haven't decided yet but if I do go with the clock pod I will buy the Steeda model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts