Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting chrome Y2k R's anyday now and am eager to put em on...but it is winter here in good ole VA. If I constantly keep em clean will the salt/snow still mess them up. thanks.

btw, what does ET mean?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here's my warning. You might be ok if you do your best to protect them and clean them off really well right after any road salt gets on them, but that wasn't the case for me. I spent one winter in D.C. and my chrome wheels started pitting and peeling. I didn't put any type of protectant on. However, I was sure to wash the car quickly after the few storms that we had. Consider a cheap set of wheels for the winter if you want to ensure that you don't go through the same heartache that I have.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Im in VA also. I run Chrome wheels on both of my cars and I avoid driving in the salt as much as possible. A good chrome job will be ok with just salt, the problem in VA is that they throw out more gravel than salt. The gravel will chip small places in the chrome and the salt will do the rest. Its hard, but I would wait for better weather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts