·
Registered
545 Posts
$300 for 6 rwhp? Don't think so.

Nik

·
Registered
883 Posts
225hp + 4% = 9hp and $300 for a 80,000rpm electric motor that will kill your charging system? no thanks, I'll put my $300 into longtubes and matching h-pipe for twice that HP increase.

me files this next to the leaf blower dud.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
OK, let's do some math.

Electric supercharger = $300 = 3% HP gain or 6-7 hp (stock mustang)

Nitrous Kit = $475 = 35% HP gain or 75+ Hp.

Hmmmmmm, tough choice.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Reminds me a little of those Tornado things.:lol:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Holy crap!!!!!

my brother in law tried something similar to that in highschool with a vacuum cleaner motor and a ac/dc converter... he said it worked OK but that he couldn't figure out how to match the speed of the motor to the RPM's.

If that thing is one speed then it is just junk.. it would over boost your motor at too low an RPM... besides you could make something better than that at home and for cheaper... although I wouldn't mind seeing some dyno numbers on it to see if it really works!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
About the only thing i can think this would be good for is a huge cam engine at low RPMS... force feed the thing a little bit until it can make its own power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude, it only turns on at full throttle!!

Ok nitrous does have much more bang for buck every time you fill up the bottel..........

·
Registered
182 Posts
um 3 psi does not equal 3% power increase.... sounds like the old superpac ad that floated around a few years back

·
Registered
188 Posts
Super , duper bad azz !!!!!!

There greeeaaat !!!! All the Honda guys use'm ! When are we gonna wake up to the future ,fellow mustangers!I'm gonna order
two of them ,maybe we can get a group discount if some of you guy want to go in with me,???:rolleyes:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow, what a POS gimmick!!!!!!!! I'm in the wrong business, I need to make something stupid like that and sell a million of them for $300 a pop!!!!!!!:p

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
There are better things that you could spend 300.00 on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
kermitas playtoy said:
um 3 psi does not equal 3% power increase.... sounds like the old superpac ad that floated around a few years back
Hello, I read somewhere that 1 psi can produce a gain of 6-8%, so if this thing is producing 3 psi then at the low end of the equation you would get 3*6=18%. On a stock 220HP motor that would net you 259HP. At the high end 3*8=24% with a net of 272.8HP, that is actually not too bad. I personally would save my money for a Vortech.

Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts