Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took her out for another test this afternoon. The check engine light came on. Its tossing codes, 22, 32, and 66. 22 is for the MAP sensor. I had it off while installing the S-Trim. I figure it might have gotten dusty, so I pulled it back off, blew in it, and that codes taken care of just like an old nintendo! I also reclocked the MA meter at 6 o'clock as a few others here have. I use to have it at 3 o'clock. As I back out of the driveway after reseting the codes, the light comes on again. I pull it back in the garage, and it throws code 32 and 67. 67 is because I didn't have it in neutral. 32 is still coming up. Its...

"Canister or ERG valve control system signal out of spec or EVP voltage low"

How would I go about fixing this one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,526 Posts
Kevin,

First thing I would do is Unplug your battery for bout an hour so the Codes will be erased..Than I would remove your EGR and Clean it thoroughly with Carb cleaner and get all the carbon out of it...Make sure all the egr connections are hooked up and doublecheck all the rest of the connections..You can remove that Canister purge solenoid, wiring, and the Cannister itself and it wont throw a check engine light...It wil show a code with the scanner but it is not important enough that the Check engine light would come on.. BTW, your Tensioner bolt should be there Anytime now..Email me when you recieve it..Get back to me after you unplug the battery if the codes still show up and I will try to help you more..

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
S-Trimmed302 said:
Kevin,

First thing I would do is Unplug your battery for bout an hour so the Codes will be erased..Than I would remove your EGR and Clean it thoroughly with Carb cleaner and get all the carbon out of it...Make sure all the egr connections are hooked up and doublecheck all the rest of the connections..You can remove that Canister purge solenoid, wiring, and the Cannister itself and it wont throw a check engine light...It wil show a code with the scanner but it is not important enough that the Check engine light would come on.. BTW, your Tensioner bolt should be there Anytime now..Email me when you recieve it..Get back to me after you unplug the battery if the codes still show up and I will try to help you more..

Jeff
The battery is unplugged, and I will be messing with her around noon tomorrow. Stupid question, but could this cause the car to falls on its face, stumble, and even once backfire in the upper RPMs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well the check engine light is gone! The car once again pulls nicely all the way to 5K(usually where I let off). I still have yet to find a place when I can pull all the way through 4th. 2nd gears blows away the 225/60/15s so I use 3rd to test on the street. Hopefully coming home late at night tonight I can find an empty highway! :evil: Plus I need a long distance to stop. The brakes on this car are horrible and when I hit the brakes hard, the car shakes so hard I can't make out anything in the rear view mirror!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Hey dude, for safety's sake ......go get those rotors machined so you can safelly stop that thing. What good is all that power if you can't stop your car. don't do a 4th gear pass on a highway before you fix the brakes.....its your life:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
****, the lights back on! :mad: It was fine for the drive I took it on. I parked it, and then started her up another hour later ot get some lunch, and the light comes on! I guess I will try cleaning it better!

frank woodall said:
Hey dude, for safety's sake ......go get those rotors machined so you can safelly stop that thing. What good is all that power if you can't stop your car. don't do a 4th gear pass on a highway before you fix the brakes.....its your life:eek:
The tranny is coming out probably tuesday for a a rebuild. A friends gotta freshen her up while I am out of town. I will probably play with the brakes when I get back in town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Check to make sure the EGR valve is plugged in ........make sure you have a good source of vacuum......if so then do again as s-trimmed302 said and completely clean the EGR valve and check inside for any big pieces of carbon that may be causing a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,526 Posts
Kevin,

If you dont have one already, buy yourself a Autozone Code scanner for bout $35 and check the codes..I bet it has to do with the EGR Valve or the White Solenoid on the EGR...You really NEED a code scanner though!You will have Future bugs in the car trust me..I have had More than my fair share of them since my blower install..:rolleyes:

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S-Trimmed302 said:
Kevin,

If you dont have one already, buy yourself a Autozone Code scanner for bout $35 and check the codes..I bet it has to do with the EGR Valve or the White Solenoid on the EGR...You really NEED a code scanner though!You will have Future bugs in the car trust me..I have had More than my fair share of them since my blower install..:rolleyes:

Jeff
Yup, already got that. Thats how I know what code 32 is. Here is something odd. I drove my car this morning(after sitting all night) and it was fine) My drove, I mean a quick 15 minute test run around town. An hour later I drive to lunch, and it tosses code 32. I drive to work an hour after that, and the codes still there. After sitting at work for 6 hours, the code seemed to be gone after work. I cruised the local strip, and took the long way home. After about an hour driving, and code came on just as I was getting home. It seems like the code comes on once the car is heated up?:confused:

Oh well, I quess I will play with it later. I might try swapping my EGR from the 93 and see what happens. I am leaving on vacation on wednesday, and pulling the tranny for a rebuild while I am gone.

I'll get this figures out sooner of later! :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top