Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light has been on since i bought the car a few months ago. The mechanic told me the car has been recalled to fix this, that it was a bad wiring harness. How long does it usually take a ford dealer to fix this for a recall? Does this problem need to be fixed right away? Is it effecting my car in anyway? Could it be causing my bad gas mileage (10-12mpg) on my stock 5.0?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
There was a recall back in 91 or so to inspect the wiring harness that goes to the injector and a number of other sensors. On some vehicles the harness was a little short and may get a bad connection as the motor torques over. It can cause all sorts of poor operation. The fix was to install jumpers on the 10 pin connectors. They are black and white trash can looking thins that may be attached to the back of the intake. You may be able to fix the connection yourself. Do a search. There are a lot of posts on how to clean the connections. They are also reffered to as trash cans and salt and pepper shakers. The dealer fix is simply to plug in an extension. It does not take long. Take it to the dealer to check if they are still honoring the recall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts