Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. I have been driving for almost 2 weeks now since the long tube / x pipe install. I used the PEP MIL eliminators on the rear O2 sensors. I know they are installed right.

Car has no doubt been running rich since install - it's a bucking bronc right after cold startup but after warm up runs great. I planned to get a tune after installing rest of exhaust, TA, and pullies.

No problem with SES light until today after filling up on gas - first fillup since LT install. SES light came on almost immediately after leaving gas station. I checked the gas cap and it's tight. I'll go to Autozone tomorrow to get my codes pulled. :mad:

Any ideas or similar experience with this anyone??

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
642 Posts
Dan,

The fix will be much easier than the long tube install.

Get your codes scanned, and email them over to us, or post them here. Please provide the code #'s, not the descriptions, and I'll have you fixed up on a timely basis.

Without the codes, we'd be stabbing in the dark. There's a large number of people who install Longtubes and have front O2 sensor heater circuit issues, so I want to narrow down the troubleshooting so we can isolate the variables.

Autozone scans codes for free.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I was pulling check engine codes with the longtubes and it was the driver side front O2 sensor. I replaced it and it still occured. I then swapped the driver and passenger side and the car is fine now. I believe my code was P0132 or close to that.

Just a heads up.

Ryan

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the email earlier today Dan. I checked everything and the driver's side front O2 was not completely tightened up in the bung. I snugged it up and checked the connections which were fine. I also cleaned my MAF as you suggested. So far no more SES after reset this AM at Autozone. Your attention to customer service is outstanding - fast response with quality information. I really do appreciate the help.

Ryan and all others reading this. The code I got was 'P0153' which is the driver's side front O2 sensor - "Sensor Circuit Slow Response". It could be due to a number of things:

- MAF
- exhaust leak
- wiring problem - loose connector, short. etc.
- fueling problem (whatever that is)
- intake air leak

Bottom line is the MIL eliminators are doing their job. It's something else. Some have suggested it has to do with the front sensor being relocated too far downstream in the header collector and not heating up fast enough. I'm curious if others have experienced this and what they did to fix it. Is a custom chip required??

I didn't think you were supposed to swap sides with the O2 sensors. Has anyone else done this??

Thanks,
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts