Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hook up a air temp gauge so i can see what temp inside intake is under boost .any help would be great.I do have a moates quarterhorse that does datalog but i dont know how to hook up or what kind of sinsor.Another thing how could i get my quarterhorse to read boost.do i need a MAP SENSOR?THANKS

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you have the moates quarterhorse I would get it installed and working properly, then you can datalog the factory ACT sensor and see what the temps are. Not exactly sure on how to get it to log boost psi but I would assume that you would need a MAP senosr, probably the GM 3 bar type. Check on this board: http://eectuning.org/forums/

Edit: I see now that you have a '95 which the air temp sensor is in the airbox and not the lower intake correct? Hmmm not sure now. Ask the guys on the above board, there are a lot of knowledgeable guys on there that can tell you.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,ya i was thinking about moving it but on the 95 the tune is really funny and im scared it starts problem.I was thinking i would need a map sensor.I am thinking about putting a fox computer.its just easy to tune.I WANDER if i could still use same quarterhorse.I do have it hooked up and working.I am dead in water because screen on my laptop broke so i need another screen.its a great piece but im not the best at tuning with computers i guess because my car is really hard to tune.to many tables and its hard to scale load table with sc engine.at least its hard for me but it looks good sitting on my seat with all hooked up datalogging.lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts