Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I finally got around to building mine in a couple of minutes. I just slap together stuff I had, it works but leaks a bit.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Update. Couldn't find any obvious leaks. Tried plugging off different vacuum lines all to no avail. Just ordered a code scanner to start to do things the right way. Any input is appreciated. Have an intermittant but nearly constant miss and stumbling at idle and part throttle as well as jerking under deceleration like the car is cutting out. Please help if you have any input.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Did anyone videotape building the piece and/or videotape using the machine? The video linked is $5 and I can't preview any of it, plus I'm cheap.

Related question - could this be used with a spray nozzle so you could use it to find leaks in weatherstripping?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Who runs this site? They stickied a thread that shouldnt be stickied.
I came to read about the DIY smoke machine and all we get is a person diagnosing issues.
The first page needs to be what the damn title says.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Who runs this site? They stickied a thread that shouldnt be stickied.
I came to read about the DIY smoke machine and all we get is a person diagnosing issues.
The first page needs to be what the damn title says.
Here is a video. I built the same one using this vid. It works Great :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
The top doesn't have to be sealed perfectly. As long as you have a good amount of smoke going into the engine you are good. My top plug is just screwed on by hand and doesn't leak.
If are concerned with leaks on the cap, try some plumbers threads sealer paste.
How much pressure are you applying to it? Mine works with me just blowing the smoke through with my mouth, no compressor needed....

61 - 72 of 72 Posts