Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a 4-6 point design, and it must require absoulutely no welding, and out there that are not over priced???

·
Registered
315 Posts
What are you looking for? For appearance or safety.
Most bolt on roll bar are not NHRA legal. If you are looking for safety then your life are depeneds on it, get good roll bar or cage set -up and have professional weld it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maybe I'm a raging idiot but I used to think that they made 4 and 6 point roll bars that were "pre made" and all you did is slip them in through the hatch and either bolt them or weld them to the floor board, but when I talked to my mechanic guy he said that the term "pre fabricated" meant that the bars were pre bent but that ALL of the kits are unassembled and they needed to be welded to shape. He said there was nothing that is sent to your door all put together and ready to bold/weld in. Maybe one of us is mistaken. I'm looking for something along the lines of a roll bar too, but my mechanic guy said that it would be $600 to weld it together in the car.

I know some of the 6-point bars are pretty damn cheap, like $160 + $85 for shipping for the Competition Engineering one from Summit. From what this guy was telling me though all you get is a bunch of bars and then you need to weld the entire damn thing together. Could someone clear this up?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Sounds to me like you want a roll bar not a cage. There is a difference.:D
From what I have seen you can't go wrong with the Maximum Motorsports 6 point roll bar. It's only down fall is that it's over 300 bucks + shipping.
It can be made NHRA legal too.
Then again this is'nt a good part to cheap out on your car. If you don't want safety just find one of those hooker chrome exhaust tubing roll bars.:eek:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want an added level of sercuity, as well as to stiffen up the whole car, i would like to transform it into a autoX/street car

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You need to look at Autopower for your roll bar. The NHRA thing is a scam and it has been for 15 years now. They want you to weld everything into the car to go in a straight line but you can autocross with the SCCA at places like Road Atlanta and MId-Ohio doing 145 mph in the straights with the real chance of flipping the car in every turn and they require a bolt in only, 4point 6point 8point. You can get a 8 point from Autopower for $345.00 everything bolts together it comes UPS and nothing is in your way. The new MMFF has one they are installing and I ordered mine last week and should be here Tues or Wed. I put one in a 86 Dodge Charger it took 4 hours to bolt in and was never in the way of passengers in the back seat or up front. You get options to have the seat bar un-bolt and then just install when racing same with the 2 front bars if you get a 6 point which are only like $169. I am at work right now but if you search Autopower you will get the site with pictures and prices. You only need a bar in the 11's anyway drag racing and these Autopower bars really make the car strong.

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
web page for autopower?

I'm concidering a 4 point as well (street car) but the max motorsports ones make you cut up your rear interior 1/4 panels, and theres no way i'm molesting my sweet sweet black interior!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts