Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'99 vert, 408w Holley Terminator, AutoX "Cam C"
99 Posts
I got the MM weld in ones in my vert, and I beat the crap outa it in autoX, they are worth their weight in gold, and easy to install... provided u keep your hands outa the way of the grinder wire wheel...….

·
Registered
99 Posts
I should probably update here -

I installed the Maximum Motorsports brace. Fit was super easy, I really didn't drive the car a lot before installing it so I can't say it made any difference one way or the other from before but it makes me feel better to have things "put together" instead of all beat up.
any subframe connectors yet?

damn maximum motorsports, their stuff is like crack, once you start putting the pieces in you cant stop

·
Registered
99 Posts
Agreed...I went from a stock K, Steeda 650/250 conventional springs, and ooooold Tokico Illumina shocks all the way around to MM K member, FCAs, RLCAs, MM struts w/coilovers, torque arm, solid steering shaft, etc etc etc. Jack Hidley from MM is about as smart as they come with these cars.

It's a good enough suspension package to beat up on late-model 5.0s, GT350s, Boss 302s, etc at Hallett (well, with a lot of help from a 635hp 427w...)

My profile and build thread over on TrackMustangsOnline: "Chris' 351w Swapped 1995" Vehicle Profile - SN95 Mustangs

I used some other brand parts, like Stiffler's SFCs and trans crossmember, Fays2 Watts Link, etc, but the MM stuff would've probably done just as well for me in those cases.

CRACK.
i looked into the Watts, but i dont have enough movement to justify it, i have less than 1/4 movement +/- with the long PHB so nbd for this guy lol
been looking at a CHI 638 bbf that would be almost the same exact weight as a alum headed factory 351... but so much more hp... im tired of these new 700+ 5.0's makin me look slow :cry:
but right now im in the middle of starting my first company, putting in a full drain/gutters at my house... been a very busy year and havn't touched the mustang in like a year and a half o_O:cautious::cry::eek:

checked the link, what the hell man, was that cracked out of the box? there is like no damage to anything?!?!?!

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it were me, I would stay away from the BBF route. Much more torque, but greater rotating assembly weight to spin up AND slow down under braking going into corners (if that's your bag). I can't imagine that the weights are that close, but suppose it's possible. The swap would be much more involved (time and cost) than going into a 351 based, since the 302 and 351 are so similar. It wouldn't be the route for me, but I can see the desire. I was really frustrated with my car at Hallett just last year. I was driving the balls off of it, still getting whooped by Boss 302s, late model 5.0s, etc. This year was muuuuuch more fun.

Are you talking about the piston? That was my old 351w, and the reason for the upgrade to the 427w. I don't know what happened to it, I bought the engine used from a guy that had it listed on RacingJunk in March 2018. It did fine for three years. Made a lot of noise, but never had a ton of power, so I was just tearing it down for a refresh and possibly a cam swap when I found that. It was fixable with a new piston, but the cylinders weren't the greatest, the heads were meh, the cam probably wasn't the best for my application and...I really wanted a 427 :)
yeah im just not thrilled about the geometry of a 462 cleavor, and im at the breakover point of an all aluminum bbf vs all aluminum cleavor cost v performance, plus i still wana get out and hammer on it outside the track

if i wanted to set the best corner times i'd go to a turbo'd 2.3 lol, i never win, but its about the fun for me, i can still run top 6 and considering this is a offset tire size, its not horrible... i dont want to go all 315 all the way around... talk about a headache

thats crazy... 3 years of running like that without a dent lucky!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Subframe connectors don’t stiffen the chassis as much as we think. But the ones that tie into the seat mounts make it feel a lot stiffer. I have SVE standard length weld in’s (w seat supports) in my ‘95 going on a decade and it’s stiffer than Deshaun Watson at a physical therapist convention. No need to spend MM money on a set of square tube steel bars.
Here’s a good read on SFC’s and chassis flex. Cliffs notes- it’s the floor pan. Buy SFC’s w the seat mount supports.
have you ridden in a 'vert pre and post weld-on-SFC?
'nuff said

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Wood
Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire Vehicle door

Im just sayin, you cant even tell swapping the factory off and on, bairly even 2lbs vs 10lbs MM onea...
Granted these are the SFC not the 2 points, but the MM braces are amazing at tightening the car up, yes, get them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts