Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
If I was in your position I'd buy these items for suspension, you'll love it. If you saved and did all of these mods at once you'd think you were driving a brand new car, plus it would handle very well.

Koni red shocks or (Bilstein shocks if you can afford them)
Eibach Pro-kit springs
caster/camber plates
Poly sway bar bushings and end links
MM full length subframe connectors
MM rear lower control arms, heavy duty
J&M upper control arms with spherical bushings
All other bushings should be rubber.
Good performance summer tires like Nitto 555 G2's.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Agreed...I went from a stock K, Steeda 650/250 conventional springs, and ooooold Tokico Illumina shocks all the way around to MM K member, FCAs, RLCAs, MM struts w/coilovers, torque arm, solid steering shaft, etc etc etc. Jack Hidley from MM is about as smart as they come with these cars.

It's a good enough suspension package to beat up on late-model 5.0s, GT350s, Boss 302s, etc at Hallett (well, with a lot of help from a 635hp 427w...)

My profile and build thread over on TrackMustangsOnline: "Chris' 351w Swapped 1995" Vehicle Profile - SN95 Mustangs

I used some other brand parts, like Stiffler's SFCs and trans crossmember, Fays2 Watts Link, etc, but the MM stuff would've probably done just as well for me in those cases.

CRACK.

Wow, your car is sweet. How is that handling with the extra pounds of that 427??? Is it similar in weight to a 1995 Cobra R???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Subframe connectors don’t stiffen the chassis as much as we think. But the ones that tie into the seat mounts make it feel a lot stiffer. I have SVE standard length weld in’s (w seat supports) in my ‘95 going on a decade and it’s stiffer than Deshaun Watson at a physical therapist convention. No need to spend MM money on a set of square tube steel bars.
Here’s a good read on SFC’s and chassis flex. Cliffs notes- it’s the floor pan. Buy SFC’s w the seat mount supports.
The seat support sub frames definitely help ALOT. I put off having them installed for a while because I didn't want the extra weight. Well I'm glad I had them installed a few years ago, because I can tell the difference.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Maybe the stock ‘94/‘95 STB is bogus, but I can’t tell a difference when it’s on or off. I didn’t run it through the slalom cones though but I bet it would’ve been negligible.
I think it definitely helps. If it stops cowl shake then that means it is offering rigidity to the chassis against flex. I drive my car hard through corners and I have the maximum motorsports upper and lower chassis brace. I believe they help a lot with stiffening the chassis. The subframe connectors make it even better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts