Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i was wondering if anyone has encountered the cervinis ram air hood kit... did you like it? 1) does it function well and do u feel any difference in power, and 2) how does it look... im looking for a raim air hood if anyone has suggestions let me know... it must be functional ram air though

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a friend who has one on his '87 Gt and he said he saw a .1 increase in his 1/4 mile. dunno bout everyone else though??

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, does it look cool too? that and what was his 1/4 before the hood... that would make a big difference

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought my car with a cervini ram air hood on it. In my opinion it looked like hell under the hood so I trashed it. I dont know exactly how it affected my power but there was not a noticeable difference. I like the look of the hood a lot, but that big black box that goes around your air cleaner is hideous.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
I got the hood but not the ram air kit.. anyone know how that would be in the rain?? With the water coming right in? Or is there something to stop it. I wouldnt put it on mine because i didnt want to buy a stock air box since mine didnt have it on it when i got it.

SVT

·
Registered
14 Posts
he ran a best of 12.7 WITHOUT the kit and then a 12.6 best WITH the kit and hood. He wasnt to pleased with it and was worried about water to so he junked it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts