Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
'99 vert, 408w Holley Terminator, AutoX "Cam C"
I went with a max motorsports K member (because I will drive it) and some of his parts took five months. This car is taking forever.

I have not met Greg in person. However, if he doesn't make good on my heads, I will...... :)

April 2nd 2016 my MM grip pack went in my vert, 5 years later, i start pulling the 408 out for the 454 to go in, and i find the MM sticker is missing from the front of said K-member.

Did not see any other issue in gusset areas, corners or welds, seams or bracing... basically the powdercoat when cleaned looks like new.

but this poor quality of adhesive is abominable and everyone needs to be warned of how their product has held up over time...

Btw, this is my daily driver when im not in the work truck and my weekend warrior 33 second autox car 馃檭

Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
Some people have apparently had problems with the clutch hanging open on the shift at higher RPM. If you set up the clutch pedal correctly it should not be an issue. Apparently the centrifugal force of the weights at higher rpm can hang it open if the clutch depresses the diaphragm too much. I remember fiddling with this way back when I ran a Center Force stage one clutch because of issues people had which I read about.

Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
April 2nd 2016 my MM grip pack went in my vert, 5 years later, i start pulling the 408 out for the 454 to go in, and i find the MM sticker is missing from the front of said K-member.

Did not see any other issue in gusset areas, corners or welds, seams or bracing... basically the powdercoat when cleaned looks like new.

but this poor quality of adhesive is abominable and everyone needs to be warned of how their product has held up over time...

Btw, this is my daily driver when im not in the work truck and my weekend warrior 33 second autox car 馃檭
馃槀. Did you feel the car immediately lose 5 hp when the sticker came off?

Registered
'99 vert, 408w Holley Terminator, AutoX "Cam C"
man, im idk when it came off but I think its really the reason my input bearing let go... the car was just trying to get my attention I think that there was something seriously wrong and I needed to get under and look and find it... really glad the tranny did it's job as the weak link and saved me from something really bad... driving without all your stickers is a serious thing!

So...the product performed solidly, but it's crap because of the glue on a sticker?

Thou hath rendered me speechless.

Congratulations!
I might have a slight bent to the sarcastic side...

Registered
I shift mine at ~8250rpm, smaller 2.3L turbo version of the Centerforce DF (9-1/4"?).
(Centerforce DF clutch setup, aluminum flywheel, world class Z V8 T5 with the input shaft turned down to fit a 2.3L pilot bearing).
I remember reading years ago about someone having the pedal stick to the floor when shifting at high rpm, but I personally have never encountered that with my car. It is a road race car and get shifted a lot too.

Registered
92 Mustang LX
Don鈥檛 believe all the bad you hear about diaphragm clutches and high rpms.

I use a ram 6 puck with a diaphragm and a dog ring T5. Shift at 7800 sometimes 8000. No problems.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts