Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read every catback topic that I can get my hands on, and I haven't seen one that addresses what I need, so here goes...

I'm laying the cash down on a catback, and I'm in a dilemma. Here's the criteria for the catback:

1. I'm going with a Bassani x-pipe, so I want to stick with a straight through cat back, or one that is designed to work with an X-pipe.

2. It has to be ALL stainless, and have good fit and finish.

3. I don't want any 3.5" rice tailpipes. 3" would be the max.

4. The exhaust tip has to keep the stock angle end cut; no verticle or near verticle cuts.

I'm sort of resigned to buying one company's set of mufflers and another's exhaust pipes, but I know that mixing and matching anything can lead to fit and finish nightmares. I like the Bassani and Borla systems, except I've "read" that the Bassani pipes are nearly verticle. The Borla tips are a definite no go.

Anyone have any suggestions or combinations you have put together?? Pictures would help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would go with the magnaflows or bassani cat back. the magnaflow is all stainless steal and the tips have a stock type angle on them.

http://www.houstonperformance.com/body.htm

this is were I got them from. pretty good deal and they sound awsome :evil:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
In theory, you should be able to mix and match brands of exhauast systems with out problems.. Just be careful, some don't work with all the same manufactor.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
94CobraPace said:
In theory, you should be able to mix and match brands of exhauast systems with out problems.. Just be careful, some don't work with all the same manufactor.
I agree, except just about every muffler manufacturer has a slightly different size muffler with inlet/outlets in the middle or a left inlet right outlet set up.

I know there has to be someone out there that has put MAC/Magnaflow/Flowmaster etc tailpipes on Borla mufflers. Give me your combos that have worked. By the way, pictures of any would help. If you don't want to post pics on this thread, then email them to me at [email protected]

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm not sure if they'll meet your criteria but I've nothing but excellent results with MAC products. Their cat-back has either 2.5 or 3" polished tips that look chrome. They also have the cut you are looking for. While the system isn't stainless, it does have a ceramic coating that I've never had any rust on. Not to mention that they sound great and cost about half of what the other systems you're looking at do. Take it easy.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well if that is your criteria, then the Magnaflow is out of the question. The tips are close to vertical and they are 3.5 inches. I had Flowmaster and just switched to Borla. I love it and it went on smootly with the Bassani X. If money isn't that much of a concern I would go with them. Summit had a better price than Houston Performance and they were in stock. Magnaflow is a cheaper catback but like I said it isn't what you are looking for in your standards. You could always get borla, dynomax bullets and then get dynomax pipes. I think Brothers Performance still sells the pipes seperate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.