Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

My 1993 LX needed a new exhaust kit because my old dynomax super turbos had seen better days. My question is that I have the same setup as before except I now have a set of flowmaster mufflers and it seems that the flow tubes are to long. They go about 4 inches past the H pIpe connection. I measure the inlets on the flowmaster mufflers and it exepts about 2.5 inches of pipe on either side. I never got the chance to see if this was the same on the dynomax mufflers. Do you think I need different length flow tubes? Will I need to cut them? I thought that they were all pretty much inter-changable.

Previous Setup
----------------
Mac 2.5 flow tubes + 2.5 Dynomax Super Turbos + 2.5 Mac Tailpipes

New Setup
-----------
Mac 2.5 flow tubes + 2.5 Flowmaster + 2.5 Mac Tailpipes

Can someone tell me if they have noticed this changin mufflers and if so what they did or any recommendations.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The Flowtubes should be already welded up to the flowmaster mufflers if you bought the complete kit. If you are running a standard style H or X pipe everything should bolt up just fine. Have you tried bolting everything up yet?

Kyle

·
Registered
82 Posts
i got the off road h-pipe frome flow-tec and it's fitt well with my mac 2.5 and my dynomax cat back. It's all bolt-on!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm about to go through the same thing only I'm replacing stock mufflers with flowmasters. The dimensions of the super turbos are 14" case, 18.5" overall and the flows are 13" case, 19" overall. It seems like they should fit the same flow tubes and tailpipes, but since they don't, you'll have to cut your flow tubes to fit. I probably will have to, too. Hacksawing through 6 pieces of 2.25" pipe is gonna be fun...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts