Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, i just need to know once and for all which cat-back do you like out of these 2, magnaflow or magnapack? I need to decide this week and i want the one that closely resembles the sounds and performance of a borla cat-back?

thanx

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
FYI: Well, unless you did an axle swap, the Magnapack catback is not going to fit your '01 Cobra (glanced at your sig). It's for the GT (over axle, not IRS specific). However, the Magnaflow catback will fit just fine. I am happy with my Magnaflow catback.
I suppose if you REALLY wanted the Magnapack mufflers you could get the Magnaflow catback system & sell the Magnaflow mufflers that come with it to offset the price of having to purchase two magnapack mufflers to use instead. You might need to do some minor tweaking to the flow tubes to get the Magnapack mufflers to fit properly (?), a couple of other cobra owners here in Michigan have done this
(jason & brent - BON guys).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COBRA90GT said:
FYI: Well, unless you did an axle swap, the Magnapack catback is not going to fit your '01 Cobra (glanced at your sig). It's for the GT (over axle, not IRS specific). However, the Magnaflow catback will fit just fine. I am happy with my Magnaflow catback.
I suppose if you REALLY wanted the Magnapack mufflers you could get the Magnaflow catback system & sell the Magnaflow mufflers that come with it to offset the price of having to purchase two magnapack mufflers to use instead. You might need to do some minor tweaking to the flow tubes to get the Magnapack mufflers to fit properly (?), a couple of other cobra owners here in Michigan have done this
(jason & brent - BON guys).
How deep does it sound and will it sound way better than the flowmasters?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would go Spintech.. www.spintechmuffles.com one of the best sounding and a good price. they do have a setup for the 01' Cobra's too. Some of the best HP gains out there. Check one of the back issues of one of the Mustang mags. i beleive it was 4 months ago.. All stainless for the Cobra's too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As COBRA90GT said, I had the Magnaflow Off-Road X and the Magnaflow catback with Magnapacks in place of the regular Magnaflow mufflers on my '01 Cobra. To be honest with you it sounded like ****. At idle it sounded badass, but just normal driving it sound terrible....I can't really explain it. Now, with a catted X, it might sound pretty good. It was so bad that I did not drive the car for at least a month so I could order the Magnaflow catted X and the Bassani catback...now that sounds awesome. Just too bad I sold my car. Anyways, it is all personal preference. You may like the sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts