Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a really obnoxious squeaky right rear suspension (i think thats where the noise is comin from) do i need to take the bottle outta the trunk? i cant imagine they will have any reason to go in the trunk will they?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would take it out-
BTW - I have the same annoying squeeking noise when I go over a harsh bump - seems to be consistent with a lot of '99+ owners here

Let us know how it turns out

:mad:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Me Too:barf: I hate the squeek.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Me too, I hate the Squeek:barf:

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have the squeak too. hate it!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
FYI
Some people have been complaining of broken spot welds under the rear seat area causing squeeks during acceleration and when going over bumps.

Jason

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had the same squeek.
I pushed the rear suspension up and down and my buddy sprayed WD 40 on the Quad Shocks until the squeak was Gone.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had same symptoms, it turned out to be the brake line rubbing where it enters the frame right in front of the tire, little grease solved the problem.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im fairly certain that its somethin simple but the car is under warranty so i figure ill let the Ford guys earn thier money today...... my squeek started out very unnoticeably but its progressively gotten worse and now i just cant stand it. it happens when i accelerate, braked, turn..... yeah that pretty much covers everything cars do....

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had a squeak develop a couple weeks ago. Spent a fair amount of time - but I found the damn thing. You won't believe it!

It was the latch on the trunk lid. A little grease on the bar that sticks out - where the trunk lid latches on when you close it - fixed it. What suprised me was that the noise sounded more like loose change than metal-on-metal.

Anyway - everyone has a different squeak story; this may not apply to anyone else. But, it's worth a try!

- Dave (SCOA #1474)
'01 Cobra Coupe (Laser Red, Charcoal), no wing
- #812 of 3867, born 5/7/01
- Dyno results (7/10/01): 273rwhp, 277ft-lbs
- Best ET: 13.748 @ 102.128, 60'=2.264 (7/18/01)
- Potenza RE730, 275/40/17, on CobraR wheels
- Bassani CatBack system (8/1)
- Griggs sub frame connectors (8/18)
- Steeda shifter and Cobra grill emblem (9/26)
- MM strut tower and K brace (10/13)
- 100MM Densecharger (10/27)
- MGW shift lever (1/14/02)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its def. not coming from the trunk lid area, so im almost positive its in or around the suspension. anyone else have thoughts on if i need to take the bottle out? how bout just throwin a jacket over it? its really not that tough but i just dont feel like it lol

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I had the same squeak. :barf:
Took it to the dealer and they tightened the rear cradle, now the squeak is gone. :joy:

·
Registered
677 Posts
My car squeaked there too. Turned out the rear suspension bushings fell apart and were starting to come out of the control arms. Ford replaced them free of charge. The car felt like the back was jacked up when they gave it to me. Then two days later, the torque boxes ripped apart! The idiots over-tightened the rear control arm bolts, while the suspension was hanging, of course. God, I hate dealerships!

Definately keep the bottle at home. They will look for any signs of abuse (rubber in the wheel wells, etc.) and try to deny warranty coverage. My dealer tried to tell me my replacement tires (Nitto) were too sticky and caused my suspension to break! Since then, I have been going to a different dealer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Y2KStangGT said:
Definately keep the bottle at home. They will look for any signs of abuse (rubber in the wheel wells, etc.) and try to deny warranty coverage. My dealer tried to tell me my replacement tires (Nitto) were too sticky and caused my suspension to break! Since then, I have been going to a different dealer.
:lol: thats funny as hell, did you laugh at them when they said that?

anywho the bottle is out and im off to Ford for some fun in a lil while

·
Registered
46 Posts
Damn Squeak

I have a nasty Creek Type Squeak in my 2002 GT, To me it sounds like its coming from the back window I had my girlfriend back there and that's what it souded like to her. It makes it going over bumps and turns BUT it goes away when it rains. if i push the car up and down it dosent make it so that leaves me to belive its not the suspension , this noise is driving my nuts. I took it to ford and they think its the inside C-Pillar interior panels!! there replaceing those, still on order from ford (4 weeks). I think there being lazy i firmly belive its not those panels. Anybody experince a creek type noise that sounds like its coming from the back window? Its gotta be rubber related it goes away when it rains!!! any suggestions?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:livid: ok i just got home.... i was there a good 2 1/2 hours, the greased everything blah blah blah, after an hour and a half of playin with everything they find a welded bracket near the exhaust is broken off. the tried to blame it on either me dumping the clutch at 5000 to "impress the girls" (call me cocky but i drive a nice stang, i dont need to light up my tires to get the girls attention, not to mention sh*t like that turns girls off from my expirience) or they said it coulda been a result of the guys at the exhaust place when they welded in the flows :rolleyes: just to humor them i go over to tonys and have them put it on the lift to look, just as i thought, they said there was no way it coulda been anything they did when they were welding in mufflers. Jason Heffner's shop is 2 shops down and saw me pull in and came down to find out what i was doin there and said it was insane to even consider its anything other than manufacture deffect. so back to Ford to confirm my original opnion, that they are trying to place the blame on someone else..... Jason aslso said that to weld it they would hafta take out the back seat cause the bracket is right under the back seat and would probably burn it. tomorrow i hafta go back to Ford to have the body shop look at it, apparently they are doing the welding..... ill keep you updated..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
whoosh,
sorry to hear about the b/s that you are getting from your local dealer. this is way to familar, getting the gaffle from your friendly local dealer!! good luck and keep us posted!! i think i have a squeek as well!! but with the flows and my stereo turned up above average. i cant hear a thing!!! i will have to listen for this later today!! again good luck and set those mofo's straight!

·
Registered
174 Posts
You know what's sad about this? My local dealer has never given me any crap about mods, but on the other hand they're pretty much incompetent and I have to bring the car back 5 more times to get things fixed that weren't broke until they touched it.

Which is worse? :(

·
Registered
677 Posts
Topless,
Thats exactly what kept happening to my last Mustang. Every dealer that worked on it screwed things up. It took 6 attempts to get the e-brake working correctly. Then they shorted the cig lighter plug and scratched up the console in the process.

It took 6 attempts to get the convertible top to work...sort of. They never did get it to go all the way down. They also leaked hydraulic fluid all over the trunk floor.

It took yet another 6 attempts to get the clutch asy to work correctly. That was mostly due to faulty parts being installed. Had to bring it right back each time. Don't they test drive the cars anymore?

Took the car in for shorted driver door window, get it back with shorted power mirrors.

Half the time when interior trim removal was required, they wouldn't bother reassembling everything. I would usually have to snap the console trim back in, the door trim too. They would always leave the shifter knob loose too.

All this was just a sample of the minor annoyances I have dealt with. I haven't even touched the major stuff here. All these small problems helped me win my lemon law case though!

Sorry for the rant, but this subject kinda hits a sore spot for me.

later,
Mike

·
Registered
556 Posts
Tony's Custom Exhaust??? Those guys do EXCELLENT work. I go there exclusively now. I doubt it was anything they did either.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts